About Us

Located approximately 22 km from Launceston in the Northern Midlands Region of Longford Tasmania, Riverlands is a welcoming church family with a rich rural heritage.

Established in 1881 at the Longford Tabernacle, Riverlands formerly known as Longford Baptist is a member church of Tasmanian Baptists. 

 

In 1999 in response to God's leading to build a larger centre to meet the needs of a new century, the Longford Tabernacle was sold and a new building was erected at 159 Wellington Street, Longford.

 

Participating member of the National Redress Scheme see https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions for more information.